When I saw this jalapeno chicken recipe, I knew I had to try it!
I’ve recently become obsessed with jalapenos…and well, cream cheese, too! I guess with my undying love for salsa, especially hot salsa, I was bound to fall in love with jalapenos.
The recipe calls for:
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I cut them smaller and made 10 small pieces.)
- 1 bottle Italian dressing (I skipped this. Italian dressing = condiment. YIKES! Instead I used onion salt and greek seasoning.)
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded (I used 5 halved jalapenos to accommodate for my 10 pieces of chicken.)
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices bacon (I used more than 6, and I used turkey bacon.)
The recipe states to cut the jalapenos in half and remove the seeds.
I tend to leave a lot of the seeds so my food is a little spicier!
Then stuff each jalapeno half with cream cheese.
Season the chicken breasts with onion salt and greek seasoning. Then roll them around the jalapeno peppers. Wrap each chicken breast with a slice or two of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
We cooked them out on the grill, but you can cook them in the oven, as well!