Last week I made what most people would think of as a pretty bold statement.
Pretty bold, right? Well, coming from me that’s not really saying much.
Nonetheless, I was pretty darn proud of myself when the husband said, “Honey, you can make this dinner anytime you want!”
I can’t take credit for the idea behind the recipe, because if it weren’t for my allrecipes Dinner Spinner app on my phone I’d be lost. Completely lost. So, via Jackie at allrecipes.com, here is my best dinner ever…
Linguini with Peppers and Sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguini pasta (I used bow-tie pasta!)
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed (Removing the casings was one nasty job, but it had to be done. I also added one large, seasoned chicken breast!)
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped (I used green!)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine (I skipped this…I drank all the wine!)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. Saute sausages in a heavy skillet over medium high heat until light brown, breaking up clumps with back of spoon. Add peppers, onion, and garlic; saute until tender. Add wine and simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, about 6 minutes.
- Drain pasta, and add to the skillet. Toss to combine. Add cheese, and toss to blend. Serve.
- Pour yourself a glass of wine.