As my marathon training is winding down, so is my fundraising. There are only eleven days left for me to raise money for Girls on the Run (and I desperately need your help!) If you still are not familiar with the organization, that is perfectly okay…I will explain why the program is extremely beneficial to young girls, and why it holds a place near and dear to my heart.
Girls on the Run is a nonprofit organization devoted to inspiring young girls and teaching them self respect, self esteem, and self love through a fun curriculum that incorporates running. The goal of this program is the reduce or prevent to occurrence of eating disorders, depression, suicidal thoughts, or other potentially harmful behaviors in youth. This is extremely important for this age group (eight through thirteen) because this is truly a time when young girls are really growing up and coming into their own.
I can remember back when I was this age, and I do not think I even know what body image was. I didn’t have a negative body image back then, which is a definite plus, especially considering the heartbreaking fact that eating disorders sometimes start in children so young. However, I didn’t know what it meant to have a positive body image and the importance it would have as I got a little bit older.
I also didn’t realize how fun running can be when I was younger…I mostly dreaded running as conditioning for all the other sports that I did. It’s funny the things you learn as you become an adult! 🙂
Now, with only eleven days left to raise money for this amazing organization, I am making my final push to get as close to my fundraising goal as possible! You can make a direct donation here, or I am also still offering that seventy percent from notecard sales from angheartsdesign will be donated to Girls on the Run. That means $7 of the $10 for each set will go directly to GOTR (cash or check only).And last but not least I am offering a giveaway!!! For every $5 you donate between now and August 27th you will be in a drawing to win three bars of from Soap It Up, Gourmet Soaps by Di and three notecard sets of your choice from angheartsdesign (you can see all the design choices here), and possibly some other little goodies! 🙂 That is a $39.75 value!
1. You first must make a donation of at least $5 directly to my fundraising website. If you donate $5 your name will be in the drawing once. If you donate $10 your name will be in the drawing twice. If you donate $15 your name will be in the drawing three times…and so on and so forth!
2. Then please leave me a comment telling me that you made a donation (even though I will be able to see it from the website…this will just make it easier when it comes time to draw a winner!)
3. Once you’ve made a donation and left me a comment you may be entered again into the drawing if you leave me a comment telling me which scents from Soap It Up that you’d like the most and which notecard designs are your favorite (and why)!
4. Once you’ve made a donation and left me a comment you may be entered again into the drawing if you tweet the giveaway! @MyPinkyToes is having a giveaway to raise money for GOTR! For every $5 you donate at http://www.active.com/donate/SoleMates2012/AngFundraising you will be entered to win!!! Leave me a comment telling me you did!
5. Once you’ve made a donation and left me a comment you may be entered again into the drawing if you “like” angheartsdesign on Facebook. Leave me a comment telling me you did!
Once again, thank you everyone for all your support so far, not only for fundraising, not only for encouraging me for my first marathon, but for being so kind and supportive of this blog. I love everyone of you!!!